Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Eat turkey not crow

I'm going to be honest, self-discipline is my weakest part to train.  Mental training makes leg day look like a walk to the fridge.  I have nothing to confess as of yet.  I have kept a straight head so far this week, but I am coming off of a Sunday sabotage.  The good news is that I'm already down half an inch off my waist.  I have this insane determination to exit the holidays smaller instead of 10 lbs. heavier.  I have people watching me now so no pressure.  So as long as I stick to turkey and stay away from the desserts I might be ok.  The fun thing about being married is the double dose of Thanksgiving.  I really can't splurge because I know that my trigger foods are going to be there screaming at me.  Trust me, I frenzy after one tiny little taste.  

In other news, did mention that I teach Zumba?  I DO!!!!  The fact is that I have felt like a fraud because I do not have the leanest physique, but I teach a class that is a fitness program.  I am also majoring in Exercise Science, and I don't quite feel like I meet an image that I have in my head to have a career in the field.  Am I pouting?  No not really.  I am being proactive and doing something to improve the things that need to be improved, but the mind is definitely a tough one.  I want to see my hard work, but I still have a high body fat percentage that is hiding my real body.  

This is just reminder of what life in general is like.  If you compare yourself to others, you'll never feel a sense of contentment with yourself.  It's funny because my youngest daughter is stuck on this book called Hermie the Common Caterpillar by Max Lucado.  The main character and his best friend are plain common caterpillars.  There is nothing that makes them stand out in their opinions, but God reminds them that He loves them just the way they are and that He's not finished with them yet.  He was transforming the hearts of the caterpillars, and we all know that caterpillars physically change too. As difficult as life may be sometimes, we're not finished changing yet.  It takes time to grow and change.  Change isn't immediate, but it comes when you continue to search it out and sometimes even seek the help and guidance of someone with more knowledge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment